Things I love today!

So, things have been going pretty well lately.  My hair is behaving, I've been better about eating right and getting some exercise (even though I've gained weight I've actually gotten smaller!), and my tan has developed quite nicely over the last couple of weekends (yes, I wear SPF30, but still tan thru sunscreen - don't hate).

Today I want to share with you some things that have really made me happy lately:

  • Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque - this stuff is the shit, y'all.  My ends tend to get kinda crispy even though I have my hair keratin treated, and the crispiness comes on quicker in the summer months when I'm swimming a lot.  Last weekend my hair felt pretty dry after swimming on Saturday, so I slathered this all over from roots to ends.  The tangles pretty much fell out, which is very impressive considering my hair was like one big knot when I got in the shower.  After I blowdried, it felt like silk.  The instructions say not to use it more than twice a week, but I swam a lot on Sunday and used it again that night, and my hair felt even better.  No crispy ends at all!
  • Poshe Fast-Drying Topcoat - want a bulletproof manicure?  OK maybe you're not dodging bullets.  How about a washing-dishes-by-hand-proof manicure?  I applied this in place of my regular crappy topcoat Saturday night, and by now my polish is usually flaking off in huge shards.  Not today!  So far I just have a teeny bit of wear on the tips after swimming, dish washing, house cleaning, hair washing, and laundry doing.  If I get to tomorrow w/o a single chip I'll be officially blown away.
  • supersolano Original Hairdryer - I used to have a Conair dryer before this that I thought was good.  However, now that I've been using the Solano for over 6mos I can say this - comparing my Conair to the Solano is like comparing a flamethrower to a wind tunnel.  The Conair got plenty hot, but just didn't blow very hard, and it was actually cooking my hair.  The Solano doesn't get quite as hot, but blows HARD - which I think is actually better b/c I'm not nervous about burning my scalp with it.  The Solano dries faster as well.  Overall I'm very happy with it and would definitely buy it again.
  • 24oz Tervis tumbler - now my iced coffees and Coke Zeros don't get all watered down and grody in the hot summer sun.  I have the Cherry Blossom one but when I was at Bed Bath & Beyond the other day they had one w/ Bluebonnets for all us Texas girls!  I might have to go back for it - hey, might as well have a spare if one is in the dishwasher, right?
  • Houston Restaurant Weeks - Y'all know I love food, and I sure have been indulging during the month of August.  Dinners at fancy-ish places that include an appetizer/salad, entree and dessert for $35?  And benefits charity?  Yes please!  If you live in the Houston area you owe it to yourself to try out some new foodie haunts - and you can feel good about doing it, too.  Hurry - Restaurant Weeks are during August only.
Amy hasn't been so angry lately - and that is a good thing.  I need to look pretty, have caffeine, and be well fed.  Let's hope this trend continues. ;)

2 comments:

Katie Wall said...

I have the bluebonnet tumbler and love it :) P picked out one with a Texas lone star on it.

Alexandra Hovatter said...

I'm a big fan of macadamia nut oil! I haven't tried this product though, it sounds like a wonder. I have some terrible hard water where I live, so this may be something I should try out.

Thanks!
Alexandra