Today I want to share with you some things that have really made me happy lately:
- Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque - this stuff is the shit, y'all. My ends tend to get kinda crispy even though I have my hair keratin treated, and the crispiness comes on quicker in the summer months when I'm swimming a lot. Last weekend my hair felt pretty dry after swimming on Saturday, so I slathered this all over from roots to ends. The tangles pretty much fell out, which is very impressive considering my hair was like one big knot when I got in the shower. After I blowdried, it felt like silk. The instructions say not to use it more than twice a week, but I swam a lot on Sunday and used it again that night, and my hair felt even better. No crispy ends at all!
- Poshe Fast-Drying Topcoat - want a bulletproof manicure? OK maybe you're not dodging bullets. How about a washing-dishes-by-hand-proof manicure? I applied this in place of my regular crappy topcoat Saturday night, and by now my polish is usually flaking off in huge shards. Not today! So far I just have a teeny bit of wear on the tips after swimming, dish washing, house cleaning, hair washing, and laundry doing. If I get to tomorrow w/o a single chip I'll be officially blown away.
- supersolano Original Hairdryer - I used to have a Conair dryer before this that I thought was good. However, now that I've been using the Solano for over 6mos I can say this - comparing my Conair to the Solano is like comparing a flamethrower to a wind tunnel. The Conair got plenty hot, but just didn't blow very hard, and it was actually cooking my hair. The Solano doesn't get quite as hot, but blows HARD - which I think is actually better b/c I'm not nervous about burning my scalp with it. The Solano dries faster as well. Overall I'm very happy with it and would definitely buy it again.
- 24oz Tervis tumbler - now my iced coffees and Coke Zeros don't get all watered down and grody in the hot summer sun. I have the Cherry Blossom one but when I was at Bed Bath & Beyond the other day they had one w/ Bluebonnets for all us Texas girls! I might have to go back for it - hey, might as well have a spare if one is in the dishwasher, right?
- Houston Restaurant Weeks - Y'all know I love food, and I sure have been indulging during the month of August. Dinners at fancy-ish places that include an appetizer/salad, entree and dessert for $35? And benefits charity? Yes please! If you live in the Houston area you owe it to yourself to try out some new foodie haunts - and you can feel good about doing it, too. Hurry - Restaurant Weeks are during August only.